1 of or relating to the geographical region of Caucasia; "Caucasian languages" [syn: Caucasic]
2 of or belonging to a racial group having light skin coloration; "voting patterns within the white population" [syn: white] [ant: black]
2 a number of languages spoken in the Caucasus that have no known affiliations to languages spoken elsewhere [syn: Caucasian language]
- Rhymes: -eɪʒən
- of, or relating to the Caucasus region or its people, languages and culture.
- In the context of "anthropology|archaic": of a human racial classification; including people who originate from Europe and a portion of people who originate from Northern Africa, Western Asia and parts of Central Asia and South Asia having usually straight or wavy hair similar phenotypical features and very light to yellowish pigmented skin.
pertaining to the anthropological race
pertaining to the Caucasus region or people
- In the context of "anthropology|archaic": a member of the Caucasian racial classification.
- a native or inhabitant of the Caucasus.
- a group of languages spoken in the Caucasus area.
- (bartending) a humourous name for the White Russian, a cocktail consisting of coffee liqueur, vodka, and milk. Apparently originated with the 1998 film The Big Lebowski.
native of the Caucasus region
Caucasian may refer to:
- Caucasian, an adjective describing anything from the Caucasus region
- Caucasian race, a human racial group
- Brown Caucasian (cattle), a cattle breed
- North Caucasian (pig), a pig breed
- Caucasian Snowcock, a type of bird
- Caucasian Shepherd Dog, a dog breed
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle, a play by Bertolt Brecht
- Caucasian, a nickname for a White Russian (cocktail)
Caucasian in German: Kaukasier
American Indian, Amerind, Australian aborigine, Bushman, Indian, Malayan, Mister Charley, Mongolian, Negrillo, Negrito, Negro, Oriental, Red Indian, WASP, black, black man, blackfellow, boy, brown man, burrhead, colored person, coon, darky, gook, honky, jigaboo, jungle bunny, nigger, niggra, ofay, paleface, pygmy, red man, redskin, slant-eye, spade, the Man, white, white man, whitey, yellow man